Android Auto is handy to have in your car, but one of its main caveats is the requirement to have your phone plugged in at all times. Wireless Android Auto aims to solve that problem, and JVC and KENWOOD have collectively announced seven units that support it. KENWOOD’s five units, all of which are understandably pretty pricey, are now shipping in the US.
Here are the five units, some specifications, and their MSRPs in bullet point form for easier parsing:
- eXcelon Reference Series DNX995S: AV navigation system, 6.75″ 720p TFT AAS LCD, $1500
- eXcelon Reference Series DDX9905S: CD receiver, 6.75″ 720p TFT AAS LCD, $1100
- eXcelon DMX905S: digital media receiver, 6.95″ 480p TFT TN LCD, $850
- eXcelon DNX875S: AV navigation system, 6.95″ 480p TFT TN LCD, $1400
- eXcelon DDX9705S: DVD receiver, 6.95″ 480p TFT TN LCD, $950
All five units are available at and now shipping from authorized KENWOOD retailers.
KENWOOD’s five wireless Android Auto head units are now shipping was written by the awesome team at Android Police.