OxygenOS 5.0 for the OnePlus 3 and 3T, based on Android 8.0 Oreo, was released last month. As is usually the case for major software releases, there were a few bugs that cropped up. OxygenOS 5.0.1 is now available for the OP3/3T with a few new features and bug fixes, but it’s causing a harmful app warning to appear for some users.
First, here’s the official changelog from OnePlus:
- Added support for aptX HD
- Added Wi-Fi hotspot device manager
- Added “adaptive mode” screen calibration
- Updated Android security patch to December
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
There are multiple reports of users seeing a ‘Uninstall harmful app?’ warning after updating.
OxygenOS 5.0.1 for OnePlus 3/3T now available, shows ‘harmful app’ alert for some users was written by the awesome team at Android Police.